Dr. Loren Isakson is Board Certified in both Allergy and Immunology. In addition, he is Board Certified in Pediatrics. He has been a physician for 18 years.
- B.Sc.: Physiology – McGill University (Canada)
- M.Sc.: Biotechnology – University of Connecticut (UCONN)
- M.Sc.: Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies – University of South Florida (USF)
- Doctorate of Medicine (MD): Sackler School of Medicine – Tel Aviv University (Israel)
- Residency: Pediatrics – Schneider Children’s Hospital, New York
- Fellowship: Allergy & Immunology (A/I) – University of South Florida (USF). Pediatric A/I training – All Children’s Hospital, Saint Petersburg, FL; Adult A/I training – USF A/I program, Tampa, FL
Before founding his own independent practice, Dr. Isakson served as the Medical Director of Allergy & Immunology Services at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, FL for approximately six years. He helped start the Allergy and Immunology clinic there from the ground up. His duties on base involved instructing medical residents and serving as a consultant on vaccines for military staff members. Dr. Isakson previously volunteered as an Allergist/ Immunologist at the Pinellas County Health Department/Saint Petersburg Free Clinic. He provided consultation services free of charge to patients without access to healthcare. Further, Dr. Isakson worked as a Pediatric Urgent Care Attending Physician at Schneider Children’s Hospital and as an Allergy and Immunology Researcher/Associate in the Department of Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Isakson and his wife have been residents of Saint Petersburg, FL for the past 13 years. They have two children.
An avid drummer for over 39 years, Dr. Isakson currently plays in a band with other medical professionals, primarily performing for charity events. Other hobbies include alpine skiing, pencil drawing/art, coaching youth lacrosse and taking acoustic guitar lessons.
Now Dr. Isakson has the pleasure to be an allergy/immunology and sinus doctor near you. We look forward to hearing from you.